Southwestern Breakfast Tortilla
- Basic Information
A quick and tasty breakfast, lunch or dinner! Makes 1 Serving. Prep Time: 2 min. Cook Time: 5 minutes.
- Nutritional Information:
Nutrition Profile: Friendly for Diabetes, High Cholesterol, and Cardiovascular Health. Dietitian’s Tip: To increase the fiber and antioxidant content, serve with a cup of fresh fruit in place of the whole wheat tortilla.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup prepared salsa
- ¼ cup black beans
- ¼ cup reduced fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 inch whole wheat tortilla
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions: Coat small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat. Pour in scrambled egg and egg white and cook over medium heat until egg starts to set.
1. Scramble in salsa and black beans and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until heated thoroughly. Mix in shredded cheese and sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
2. Roll mixture into warmed tortilla and serve immediately.