Chicken with Beans and Rice
- Basic Information
This meal is a good source of protein and fiber. It tastes even better the next day!
Prep time: 20 minutes
- Nutritional Information:
Dietitian's Tip: This can be served with yellow or brown rice. Consider sprinkling soy cheddar cheese over the top of this dish.
- 16 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and in bite-size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup salsa
- 15-oz. can black beans, drained
- ½ cup red pepper, chopped
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 2 tbsp. canned hot chili peppers, minced
- 2 cups cooked instant rice
1. Mix together all ingredients, except rice, in a skillet.
2. Simmer on top of stove for 10 minutes.
3. Serve over rice.