Visiting Nurse Services of New York
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the largest not-for-profit home health care organization in the nation. On any given day, we have more than 30,000 patients in New York City, Nassau and Westchester counties in our care. Across our three brands, VNSNY has over 16,000 registered nurses, home health aides, rehabilitation therapists and other medical professionals to keep you living well in the comfort of your own home.
VNSNY offers a wide range of home health care services in the homes of our patients, whether they live in private homes, senior housing or skilled nursing facilities. We provide care to meet the needs of every generation, from at-risk infants to those at the end of life. In addition, our multi-lingual staff lives and works in the communities we serve, helping us better serve New York's diverse population. We offer many short-term and long-term care options that are ordered by your physician and covered by Medicaid, Medicare and most commercial insurance plans.
VNSNY offers care in the homes of our patients for the following diseases, conditions and populations:
- Disease management: Heart disease, Diabetes, COPD, Cancer, Stroke
- Medication management and administrating
- Intravenous and feeding tube therapy
- Patient and caregiver education
- Hospice and palliative care for advanced disease
- Rehabilitation therapy: physical, occupational and speech
- Medical Social work
- Maternal, Newborn and Pediatric care for at-risk families
- Mental health services
- Falls risk reduction
For more information about the full range of services offered by VNSNY, and how to speak to your doctor about home health care , please visit www.vnsny.org.