Three Bean Chili
- Basic Information
A warm meal for a frigid day, bursting with protein, fiber, and flavor!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Nutritional Information:
- Diabetic Friendly
- Heart Healthy
- Weight Maintenance
- High Cholesterol Friendly
Dietitian's Tip: To increase fiber and nutrient intake, serve over a dark leafy green salad.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) of cannelini beans, black beans, and kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes (with jalepenos, if available)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon, ground cumin
- Reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat shredded cheese, optional
In a large saucepan, brown turkey over medium-high heat, breaking it into small pieces. Reduce to medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until softened. Add beans, tomatoes, chili powder and cumin, and cook on low heat for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons of cheese and a dollop of sour cream before serving.